Freelance User Experience Researchers & Designers
We are looking researchers, user testing specialists, and designers who want to do the best work of their career, contributing to our clients’ most important projects. Your role will occasionally be as a lead on aspects of projects, often in support roles with our multi-disciplinary teams.
What You’ll Do
- Create and contribute to our internal processes and documentation while demonstrating industry best practices and standards.
- Lead and contribute deep market and competitive research including branding, design, user flows, value propositions, messaging, services, published academic studies, etc.
- Create and contribute to all artifacts in the UX design process: site maps, personas, flows, customer segments, wireframes, process diagrams, scenarios etc.
- Create and contribute to user testing sessions using appropriate tests/methods on a project by project basis.
- 3+ years of professional experience leading/contributing to teams in a UX role.
- A strong portfolio of design work that demonstrates process and end-results.
- Experience with highly complex product architectures.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain the reasoning behind complex decisions.
- Fluent in the foundational principles of interaction design.
- For some roles, HTML/CSS/JS will be required.
- A working knowledge of common front end development processes.
Contractors working with Transmitter Studios Inc.
Are empowered to work on the kinds of projects they’ve never worked on before. They have the freedom to explore and experiment and learn. Are given leadership opportunities inaccessible for years at other agencies. Enjoy free personal-project site hosting and team collaboration as requested. Are paid the same day as their invoice is received.